Feeding Northeast Florida, the community food bank for 17 counties in Florida is looking for a qualified intern to join our philanthropy/marketing team. Our department manages projects that support and promote our mission to solve hunger in Northeast Florida, and seeks an intern who can participate in projects including social media campaigns, website management and event promotion.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of philanthropy/marketing. Schedule and hours will be flexible as this is an unpaid internship.
Responsibilities may include
- Assist in the creation of signage, social media and e-mail campaigns, event promotions, etc.
- Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
- Assist with execution of volunteer/ donor recruitment
- Assist with the preparation and execution of mobile pantry events, including promotion and documentation
- Perform analysis of marketing data
- Seek and analyze comparable marketing and materials both on and offline
- Enter contact information into contact management systems
- Provide support to social media efforts
- Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
Feeding Northeast Florida is looking for an undergraduate student in the Jacksonville area who is majoring in Communications, Marketing, or is interested in Non-profit Management. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and social media. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
If interested, please submit your resume to Sarah Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Feeding Northeast Florida, please visit www.feedingnefl.org