DRIVER/ WAREHOUSE WORKER
Department: Warehouse Operations
Reports To: Director of Operations
Hourly Wage: $13/hr x 40 hr/week
Feeding NEFL is dedicated to building community awareness and creating an efficient food distribution network to eliminate hunger. Staff is committed to embodying Feeding NEFL’s values in all activities. Relationships are based on collaboration and respect. Resources are leveraged in a manner that is strategic and cost effective in order to achieve the Feeding NEFL’s mission and goals.
The position is responsible for all aspects of warehouse product care from receiving, storage, and distribution to pickup and delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive Food Bank vehicles to make product pickups and deliveries to agencies and affiliate food banks.
- Ensure that customer’s orders are accurately picked and staged for fleet. According to established guidelines and the appropriate “pick” sheet, accurately and thoroughly fulfill inventory order requests.
- Accurately account for all products received; complete receiving forms for inventory documentation
- Accurately, efficiently and safely store items on racks, shelves, bins or refrigerated rooms/freezers according to product type, size, expiration date or product code.
- Utilize conscientious and safe handling of all warehouse material handling equipment including pallet jacks, hand dollies and forklift in order to avoid personal injury to self, others and damage to product, equipment or facility.
- Perform monthly inventory count, as instructed, by physically counting and accurately recording product quantity and type, notifying manager immediately of discrepancies or problems.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work area at all times including warehouse, grounds, bins and equipment; clean up spills immediately; keep walk areas and exits clear; lock and secure equipment and facility as required; notify manager of problems or needed repairs immediately.
- Work with and may oversee work of volunteers to complete order processing and customer service, requiring ability to communicate clearly and effectively in explaining procedures or following up with volunteers.
- Demonstrate professionalism and speak respectfully when interacting with staff, volunteers and the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a current, valid Florida Commercial Drivers License B or A.
- Good driving record
- At least three years of experience in a warehouse environment preferably in the food industry
- Ability to read and write in English and at a level that is generally accepted as literate
- Possess basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Must be forklift certified and professionally trained in food safety
- Ability to operate material handling equipment such as dollies and pallet jacks
- High level of personal integrity and honesty
Warehouse environment: extensive walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying items weighing in excess of 75 pounds; operates material handling equipment; regularly exposed to variable weather conditions from mild to extreme heat and cold, fumes, air particles, contact with volunteers and customers; periodically works extended hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume, references and salary history to email@example.com
Feeding Northeast Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer